1. Sit comfortably near the edge of your chair.
Begin by feeling your feet on the floor.
Get a sense of the bones of your feet on the floor and how they fit the floor…
….how does the floor fit your feet ?
2. Now pay attention to your Peripheral Vision. What is between your immediate focus and the outer edges of your field of vision? Relax and pick out different COLOURS and SHAPES…..straight lines, circles, contrasts….shades of the same colour and depths of the same colour. Spend a minute doing this.
3. Imagine for a second that you can see out past the outer edges of your field of vision…way out past your normal frame….what would you notice there…..
With this ‘outer vision on‘ start to take a deep breath in and with your LEFT FOOT – tap your heel 3 times as you breath out: tap – tap – tap. Notice and feel the bones of your foot as it hits the floor. Repeat this movement 3 times on your out breath.
4. Again on your out breath – wiggle your LEFT KNEE over and back – wiggle – wiggle – wiggle. Notice the sensations on the flat of your foot change as you do this movement 3 times altogether.
SENSING & FEELING – WITH YOUR OUTER VISION ON
Get a sense of both feet and how they compare?
What area in your body has changed the most since you started?
5. With your ‘outer vision on’ take a deep breath in again and on your our breath, with your RIGHT FOOT – tap your heel 3 times: tap…tap…tap.
6. Now, on the out breath again with your ‘outer vision on’ wiggle your RIGHT KNEE over and back. Repeat this 3 times.
OK, SENSING & FEELING AGAIN
Relax and pick out different COLOURS and SHAPES…..straight lines, circles, contrasts….shades of the same colour and depths of the same colour.
Get a sense of both feet on the floor now and how they compare?
Where in your body has changed the most?
7. Soak or have someone hold each foot for a minute.
This should take about 5 minutes altogether.